A high-shear mixer has multiple industrial applications. In addition, various industries have different needs. Thus, you need to consider a wide range of factors before you purchase a high-shear mixer. Here are some tips on how to select a quality mixer.
A mixer with high flexibility allows you to use it for different products, recipes, and volumes. The materials you mix may have different characteristics. For instance, some materials have high particles while others have low particles.
Features you need to check out for that influence flexibility are:
- Ease of control. The ability to envisage and control quality parameters like temperature changes and oil droplet size and spread.
- Scalability. The mixer should attain consistent quality at all production volumes.
- Variability in volume. The ability to switch between semi-continuous and continuous production as volume increases.
- Product versatility. The mixer should produce a broad range of products, e.g., more or less viscous, high or low fat, with or without particles.
Food and Employee Safety
Ensure the food you produce is safe to protect your brand and consumers. You should check your distributor’s food safety certifications. Choose a distributor that has:
- Proven food safety record. Contaminants in raw materials or products may result in illnesses for consumers. Hence, you need to prevent any health risks.
- Frequent audit on component suppliers. Suppliers play a significant role in the safety of food. For example, if the components contain hazardous elements, the products may be contaminated, thus the need to audit the suppliers.
- Hygienic design. The design of components should ensure no harmful materials come into contact with the raw materials or finished products.
- Food-grade materials only in its equipment. The materials used to make the mixer should be friendly to consumers’ health.
- Effective build. Your mixer may require different clean-up processes and frequencies based on the industry. The clean-up frequency ensures you clean all the parts, more so those that come into contact with your products. An effective build will make this process easy.
Ensure you choose a mixer that does not expose your workers to harmful conditions. The design of the mixer should:
- Comply with your facility’s safety precautions and reduce explosion risks
- Handle any harmful materials
Excellent Solution Partner
Team up with the right people who can supply both equipment and solutions. Ensure the partner understands the challenges and technical issues that may arise. Find a partner who can:
- Tailor your mixer for multifunctionality that includes vacuum heating, gentle blends, cuts, grinds, etc.
- Predict exact mixing times and droplet measures based on target, and reduce batch times
- Offer full line solution that ensures all parts work together optimally
To keep ahead of competitors in the industry, you should consider every detail of the energy use, production time, and ingredients. That way, you can find a solution that gives a low production cost for every kilo you produce. Choose a mixer that:
- Reduces energy consumption
- Combines the dynamic shear apparatus with a controlled mixing method to optimize the use of ingredients
- Minimizes the time it takes to mix and still maintain high product quality
Your business needs a mixer whose feeders can deliver raw materials accurately. Inaccurate materials ratio result in poor quality products. Select a mixer with a feeder that can:
- Handle your materials’ flow characteristics
- Deliver right quantities before the process starts
Invest in a high-quality high-shear mixer for your business if you want a long-term solution. Consider all the factors mentioned above, and hopefully, you will only settle on the best product. For high-quality mixers and other industrial processing equipment, contact Jaygo Inc. We will be glad to help.